The Lupus Alliance of America serves to support those individuals and organizations that are involved in research to find a cure for lupus or to improve treatment of the disease. This support includes providing money for such research and the dissemination of information that will help to advance those efforts.
The Lupus Alliance of America:
- Promotes programs of public awareness and education about lupus.
- Promotes, through Affiliates of the Corporation, patient education programs and services for those affected by lupus.
- Works with health professionals to improve the standards of diagnosis, care, services and treatment of those suffering from lupus.
- Serves as an advocate for those affected by lupus.
- Supports research into the causes, treatment and cure of lupus.
The Lupus Alliance of America is working to build a brighter future for all lupus patients and their families.